We care about the well-being of the environment we love to be in—our oceans. It's one of the most beautiful aspects of living in Florida. Hence, we try to be as environmentally friendly as possible in our work, as well as the products we use.
Thankfully, there are plenty of ways you can help keep our oceans safe too!
1. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle—in that order!
2. Follow the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission guidelines. They help keep the critters safe, healthy, and abundant.
3. Follow boating speed limits. They're their for reason! Plus, it keeps are iconic Florida manatees safe from harm.
4. Use fewer plastics and advocate for plastic free packaging.
5. Gather up a group and do a quick and easy trash cleanup in your local beach, park, or neighborhood. Remember, all trash ends up in our oceans eventually.
6. Use reef-safe sunscreen! Avoid sunscreens with oxybenzone and octinoxate in them. These two chemicals damage our coral reefs. Thankfully, more reef-safe suncreen awareness has grown and more reef-safe suncreen products are becoming more popular.
7. Leave no trace behind. This means, prioritize cleaning up after your fun out in the sun, whether you're on ocean or land. Especially, picking up things that fall over board your vessel and fishing gear.
8. Eat sustainable fish. There's plenty of fish of types of fish in the sea to enjoy for us to only eat a handful of the same ones (i.e. tuna, salmon, mahi-mahi, shrimp, etc.). The most sustainable fish will always be the local fish.
9. Reduce your carbon footprint. Take a bike, skateboard, or walk for short trips. This also means to increase your energy efficiency at home, which also saves on your electric bill. It's a win-win!
10. Invite your friends to make a difference as well! Because one fish in an ocean may not make a lot of a difference, but a 7.5 billion fish (Earth's population) will!